Bachelor of Arts: CS + program
Students in the CS+ program earn a bachelor of arts in computer science. CS+ is a new program at CU Denver that allows students to combine a computer science degree with a specialization in other academic disciplines.
CS+ prepares graduates to apply a computer science background to a wide variety of career fields. Computer science is transforming products and services in industries such as finance, health care, transportation and education. In fact, more than
two-thirds of all tech jobs are outside the tech sector.
- Strong grounding in computer science
- Highly flexible
- 38 free electives to customize your degree – the “plus” component
- Specialize in another field using the “plus” component – earn a certificate, minor, double major or just explore your interests
- Quickly earn a second degree in computer science to retrain into a computer science career (potentially 43 credit hours of computer science courses)
The CS+ program is built upon the bachelor of arts in computer science, which requires 120 credit hours of total coursework:
- 24 credit hours of core curriculum coursework
- 43 credit hours of computer science coursework
- 7 credit hours of mathematics coursework (Calculus I and above)
- 8 credit hours of natural or physical science coursework
- 38 credit hours of free electives – the specialization area
See the degree map and curriculum flow chart for more information and a sample academic plan of study.
The CS+ program can be combined with almost any minor at CU Denver and in some cases double degrees or double majors can be achieved by taking a few extra courses. Programs include:
- CS + Art History minor
- CS + Biology major and minor
- CS + Business minor
- CS + Chemistry major and minor
- CS + Computer Engineering minor
- CS + Construction Management minor
- CS + Cybersecurity and Secure Computing certificate
- CS + Data Science minor
- CS + Digital Design minor
- CS + Electrical Engineering minor
- CS + English Writing, Rhetoric, and Technology major
- CS + English Writing, Rhetoric, and Technology minor
- CS + Entrepreneurship minor ($300 scholarships for entrepreneurship courses)
- CS + Finance minor
- CS + Human Centered Design and Innovation certificate and minor
- CS + Illustration minor
- CS + Math major and minor
- CS + Music minor
- CS + Music Industry minor
- CS + Painting and Drawing minor
- CS + Photography minor
Additional programs are available, just ask!
For more information, contact a computer science department academic advisor at email@example.com. You may also reference the current bachelor of arts in computer science handbook.