Registration due 12 Oct, White Paper due 15 Oct | FY22 Vannevar Bush Faculty Fellowship (VBFF) Program
Dr. Vannevar Bush’s life work embodies the spirit of this research program, formerly known as the National Security Science and Engineering Faculty Fellowship (NSSEFF). He believed that basic research was “the pacemaker of technological progress”. VBFF is oriented towards bold and ambitious “blue sky” research that may lead to extraordinary outcomes such as revolutionizing entire disciplines, creating entirely new fields, or disrupting accepted theories and perspectives. The objectives of the program are to:
· Support unclassified basic scientific and engineering research that could be the foundation for future revolutionary new capabilities for DoD.
· Educate and train student and post-doctoral researchers for the defense workforce.
· Foster long-term relationships between university researchers and the DoD.
· Familiarize university researchers and their students with DoD’s current and projected future challenges.
· Increase the number of talented technical experts that DoD can call upon.
Awards will be for $3M for 5 years and will be single investigator awards. Eligible PIs must have tenure at the time of submission, be a US citizen or permanent resident, and have a substantial record of scientific contributions.